Just wanted to share with you a project I made last night for the boys... It is an action advent calendar. They pick a card from the envelope and it has different activities listed. I loved this concept by Ali Edwards last year and so I bought her digital cards to use.
This was the first time I had used the Cricut Craft Room and I used the Cricut Craft Room Basics digital cartridge to make the envelope. So if you haven't dowloaded it yet, you should and you get this cartridge for free.
Here is what our 25 cards say.
1. Help Mommy pick out a Christmas tree.
2. Create a christmas ornament.
3. Cut snow flakes and send them to Daddy (he is currently deployed to Afghanistan and will miss the holidays).
4. Help Mommy make cookies.
5. Make a card for Grandma.
6. Make a special card for your teachers to say "Thank You".
7. Call Grandpa and tell him you love him.
8. Read a book to your little brothers.
9. Tell a friend at school how cool they are.
10. Make hot cocoa with marshmallows.
11. Draw a picture of our family in the snow.
12. Make a treat and bring it to a neighbor.
13. Make a list of 10 things you are thankful for and share them with Grandma.
14. Light a candle and say a prayer for a Daddy.
15. Make a list for Santa.
16. Go see Santa.
17. Drive through the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights.
18. Make thank you notes to send out after Christmas.
19. Watch a Christmas movie with popcorn.
20. Go with Mommy to pick out a present for your brothers.
21. Send Daddy a Christmas card.
22. Sit by the fire and Mommy will read you a story.
23. Hang Christmas stockings.
24. Put out snacks for Santa and his reindeer.
25. Make Daddy a video wishing him a merry Christmas!
I just love how this turned out and we will make a few extra sets for the boys to give out to their friends. I will definitely be including this with my December Daily album too.